On 07/04/2013 5:40 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> But if we establish a charter school system to provide competition for our failing public schools, offering choices seems reasonable. I >have no problem with some of my tax dollars going to a Muslim school or a school that preaches the modern religion of secularism, as long >as those schools are succeeding and other options are available. Freedom is about options.

As a society, you would do better to put a great deal of effort into fixing your failing public schools rather than setting up a separate school system by and for the financial elites. If freedom is really about options, it would be nice if that freedom was available to everyone. By kicking the public school system to the curd, you are limiting the future freedom of anyone who cannot afford to pay their way into a charter school.

bill