I think I have the most recent firmware installed in my K-5II (i.e., ver 1.03).
During my Caribbean trip, I had 2-3 occasions when the camera froze while On
(in normal photo mode, not video). Would not turn off. Took out battery, waited
5-10 seconds, re-installed battery and just continued on where I left off.
IIRC, it was always with my 35/2.8 macro lens, but since I used that lens for a
high proportion of my shots, I can't be sure whether the fault was in the body
or in the body-lens pairing.

stan