On 7/4/13, John Sessoms, discombobulated, unleashed:

>It's some kind of mobile YouTube app for iPads.

Not at all.

If you browse Youtube on a computer, you get the normal Youtube website.

If you browse Youtube on a phone or handheld mobile device - could be an
iPhone or could be another type of phone, could be an iPad or could be
another type of pad-like device - in any event, Youtube discovers you're
not browsing on a full-sized computer and so switches you automatically
to their 'mobile' site.

This is easy to spot because the URL looks like this:

<http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=USHsFv8nNSA>

Notice the sneaky 'm' in there before 'youtube'.

If I click on the above link on my Macbook (effectively a full-sized
computer) then it takes me to a page that is ostensibly for mobile
devices, but I can see it anyway. It appears that your computer/software/
browser setup would rather your eyes were averted from seeing such
filth ;-) so it shoos you away from it instead.

No app involved, except for the web browser on a mobile device.

HTH

--

Cheers,
  Cotty