Except that if you ARE on a full-sized computer & try to follow the link
it does NOT switch you back to the normal YouTube. You have to manually
switch yourself over to normal YouTube. The mobile page videos won't
play on my computer.

From: "Steve Cottrell"
On 7/4/13, John Sessoms, discombobulated, unleashed:

It's some kind of mobile YouTube app for iPads.

Not at all.

If you browse Youtube on a computer, you get the normal Youtube website.

If you browse Youtube on a phone or handheld mobile device - could be an
iPhone or could be another type of phone, could be an iPad or could be
another type of pad-like device - in any event, Youtube discovers you're
not browsing on a full-sized computer and so switches you automatically
to their 'mobile' site.

This is easy to spot because the URL looks like this:

<http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=USHsFv8nNSA>

Notice the sneaky 'm' in there before 'youtube'.

If I click on the above link on my Macbook (effectively a full-sized
computer) then it takes me to a page that is ostensibly for mobile
devices, but I can see it anyway. It appears that your computer/software/
browser setup would rather your eyes were averted from seeing such
filth ;-) so it shoos you away from it instead.

No app involved, except for the web browser on a mobile device.

HTH