On 4/18/2013 2:04 AM, AlunFoto - Jostein Øksne wrote:
In what ways do you foresee that you could better yourself as a photographer?
Is it all about Pentax releasing the camera of your dreams, or do you have
another muse for your creativity?

Jostein
As others have said, I would need to take it more seriously than I do. Right now, I'm pretty much just the guy broke people turn to when they need photos from a party, wedding, or event. And, as such, I'm extremely affordable -- often working for food and/or booze. In other words, I'm an easy mark.

But, I have no idea how to build a reputation locally without working on the cheap to establish something of a portfolio. I figure if I were actually making some money at it, I'd take it a lot more seriously. But, as it is, I just love taking photos and happen to have lots of broke friends to keep me busy. If I ever learn to start charging people for my work, I'm sure I'll become much more creative. As it is, I only really push myself for my own amusement.

As for the gear, I never thought I'd have a body like the K-5 at this point, so I guess it's my dream camera. I do love it and I suppose if it makes any difference with regard to my creativity, it's the fact that I'm just more eager to shoot with it than I would be if I were using my K-x, and I'm able to get more shots in more circumstances than I would if I were using my K20D. So, in a sense, the gear is a bit of a muse for me. Still, though, I'd probably be annoying the hell out of friends, flora and fauna irrespective of what I was shooting with -- only less frequently and successfully.

-- Walt