On Thu, Apr 18, 2013, at 1:04, AlunFoto - Jostein Øksne wrote:
> In what ways do you foresee that you could better yourself as a
> photographer? Is it all about Pentax releasing the camera of your dreams,
> or do you have another muse for your creativity?

although i like to think of it as a journey without goal, my photography
benefits from practice and study; i think i can progress despite giving
only part of my life to it

practice is both mechanical and psychic: imternalizing the controls,
using one lens (lately 15mm) to the point its limitations become assets;
looking back at my photos after a long gap and then tackling the subject
again or re-editing old sets; working with the tension between how a
scene _feels_ and how the photo looks afterward (perhaps my biggest
challenge)

study of both theory and operation, but also of what other photographers
do: beyond going to exhibits and library loans, and a judicious few
regular book purchases, i've gleaned hundreds of great photo books from
thrifting (now is a time of radical change in the status of printed
books); i seem to have more than a lifetime's material to study, and
it's also a lifetime project to learn how to look at photos

i also still need to read the k-5 manual to see what i've missed, and i
have barely started to understand what I can do with off-camera flash,
which i think of mainly as a foil for working better with available
light