From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bruce Walker
Sent: April 18, 2013 2:32 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Lightroom 5 public beta available

Well Dave, I bit the bullet and installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion
(10.8.3) yesterday. $19.99 in the App Store. Took all afternoon to download,
but so far -- touch wood -- the upgrade has gone okay.

I found a solution for sync'ing my Nokia cellphone (SyncMate - free) and
figured out how to undo most of the UI damage / new features. I'm attempting
to teach myself to scroll backwards but I may give up and undo that change
too.

Surprisingly it seems to be no worse a resource pig on my 2007 iMac than
10.6.8 was, possibly even a little lighter and faster, so my slowdown fears
were unfounded. Of course my SSD graft-in of a couple of months ago was in
preparation for this and has helped a great deal.

I still have to find replacements for a couple of PowerPC apps that I used
to calculate mat dimensions when framing, but for now I can run them on my
even more ancient PowerBook.

In summary: for twenty bucks go ahead and install Mountain Lion. Cheap
upgrade.

--
-bmw

follow the directions.