On 24/04/2013 19:43, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Bruce Walker
Kentucky Derby has banned ... "interchangeable lens cameras (e.g.
DSLRs, mirrorless cameras), [plus] any camera that has a lens longer
than 6 inches, tripods, and camcorders."

They are claiming:

"Churchill Grounds says that the measures were developed after
consulting with several law enforcement authorities following the
Boston Marathon bombings last week."

Which is all kinds of wrong by itself, but I bet the the real reason
has more to do with protecting the visual turf of the contracted
professionals.

http://petapixel.com/2013/04/23/kentucky-derby-bans-all-interchangeable-lens-cameras-for-security-purposes/

It's the same bullshit as the London Olympics.

Are they going to outlaw backpacks, brief cases, coolers & picnic hampers?

The English language does not provide curse words foul enough to
adequately describe their lineage.

Fuck 'em.

Even better: my K-5 was banned last night at a show because it was professional. So that's official, now. And instead I videoed the whole thing in semi-HD with the WG-1.

Next time I'm asked if my camera has an interchangeable lens, I'm going to say "no".

--
No fixed Adobe