On 7 May 2013 02:12, Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too looked at a ton of samples and didn't see one all that sharp at
> all. Not even in the center. Its supposed to get decent figures in the
> center, but the borders are pretty awful, and all the pictures I saw
> confirmed that. If you did events and shot people, it would be more
> than ok. For landscapes and walkaround its not for me. I finally got a
> 16-45 and like it very much. Especially compared to the 18-55 mk 1 I
> also have. I generally prefer primes, but the 12-24 and 16-45 I have
> are both decent lenses. The 18-135 just doesn't do it for me. Now I
> just need a 55-300 to complete my walk around zoom kit.....

It's probably not the best practice to provide opinions on a lens
based solely by looking at technical reviews and real world image
samples but, in the past, every time I have personally ignored such
data it's been proven accurate when I finally made a purchase. Like
you the 16-45 was my walk around (and only zoom lens) for some years,
aside from the sometimes irritating yellow/blue CA it's a great lens
and I produced many excellent images using it. I later bought the
18-55 WR as my go-to water resistant lens thinking it really couldn't
be as poor as the samples I saw but it was, so I now have no WR
lenses, way too much compromise in IQ for me. I only recently retired
my DA16-45 and have replaced it with a late Sigma 17-50/2.8 which
after 6 months of use has proved to be an excellent lens and great as
a walk about.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours