On 07/05/2013 9:02 AM, Gerrit Visser wrote:
But if it is covered by insurance, it is still 'public' money. Insurance
companies get their money from... you guessed it.. people like you and me.
My premiums go to pay for someone else's incident.
Its not like the person who had the incident is taking responsibility and
paying the expenses themselves.

An insurance company has the option of opting out and letting you die. A public health care system doesn't have that privilege. As for Mr Walkdens rather weak arguments, one could use the same talking points to decry seat belt use.
The point is, we limit injury when we can.

bill