On 07/05/2013 3:51 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:
On May 7, 2013, at 15:45 , Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
In addition, the helmets that do exist can also be responsible for aggravating
injuries under some circumstances where no injury would otherwise have occurred.

I've seen this statement trotted out many times but have never heard of a true
study coming up with anything relevant to support this.

Sounds like a load of hooey to me.

I mean, seriously, I can't even visualize/imagine the situation that would
demonstrate this to be true.

When we were having our seat belt law debate in the mid 1970s, it was often trotted out that under some situations, a seat belt could actually kill the occupant. The common excuse was the car driving into a lake and sinking, and the occupant trapped in their seat belt, unable to undo it in their panic. What was never mentioned, of course, was that if the person was so panicked that they couldn't undo their seat belt, it was quite unlikely that they would be calm enough to safely exit a sinking vehicle, presuming they hadn't been knocked out by whacking their head on the dash board.

bill