Rob wrote:

> Furthermore; those engineers said that "Sigma's market strategy was to
> become the third professional digital camera supplier, along with Canon
> and Nikon".

It might at first seem far fetched but I suspect that in the future camera sales may
be chip driven rather than name driven. Most people don't sit on a large selection of
lenses so changing systems isn't that big deal as it is usually made out to be. Sigma
already have HSM lenses and have annouced that they will relase image stabilized
lenses at the end of the year.
Regardless, I believe that when digital really start to dominate the market, big
changes may occur in market share.

Pål