On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 10:22:51PM -0400, J.C. O'Connell wrote:
> I disagree with one point made below. FF actually allows LOWER
> quality lenses to be
> used because the absolute lines/mm doesnt have to be as high for
> same quality of
> results.  Yes with some really bad lenses the softness in the
> corners may become more
> visible, but with decent lenses, FF puts less emphisis on lens
> quality than apsc does.....

That's pretty much what Ken Rockwell says:

You Can Use Cheap Lenses!

I get better results on full-frame with crummy lenses than I do with my very
best lenses on DX.

Having bigger pixels on a larger format means you can use cheaper lenses and
usually get better results than the best lenses on a smaller format. The only
reason I use the weasel word of "usually" is because as of 2007 we're only
talking about a 1.6x linear format difference among consumer (under $9,000)
DSLRs. In film, with a 2x linear difference from one format to the next, the
crappiest lens on the next bigger format always smokes the very best lens on
the next smaller format.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com  http://red4est.com/lrc