James,

I can't answer #1 but I'll give a crack at #2.

I went through this evaluation recently.  From my understanding there
is nothing that the older bodies give you that are not also in the
67II.  So there is no takeaway in getting the 67II.  Additions are
largely along the lines of automation.  TTL flash, Aperture priority
(with AE finder), double exposure, noticeably brighter focusing
screen.  Kind of like comparing an MX to a Super Program (without
program and shutter priority).  If you don't need/use those features
then the price difference is probably not worth it.

Bruce Dayton