On May 23, 2013, at 7:17 AM, kwal...@peoplepc.com wrote:

>> When in doubt, I bracket.  That takes all of, what, a few seconds?
>
> With the inclusion of histogram displays (all 3 channels), in modern digital
> cameras, I see no need to bracket as I did for years when shooting slides.
> + Take the camera indicated exposure
> + Review the R, G, B channels in the histogram
> + Afjust if needed, as needed.
>
> I shoot RAW and do notice a very slight difference between the in-camera jpeg
> histogram and the histogram in the RAW convertor but it's not enough to get
> excited about and still can be corrected in the RAW convertor.

Exactly. If one understands exposure  and exposure comp when highlights or
shadows are most important., the level of correctness that can be achieved is
more than sufficient to allow for fine tuning of a final result in PhotoShop.
And given the exposure latitude and high ISO noise levels of the K30 or K-5,
it's a piece of cake.