On May 27, 2013, at 10:49 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:

> Without a preplanned destination, Darrel & I jumped in the car and headed
> west today.  We ended up in Savanna, Illinois which is on the Mississippi
> River.  We didn't really stay long--just looked at the mighty river, then
> headed back home.  We drove back roads, enjoying the unending site of farms
> and small towns.  Nice way to clear the head after such a difficult 5 months.
> We're home now and headed for bed.

Three cheers to you for doing that. And thanks for the shot of the Illinois
prairie---my birthplace, for which my heart still longs, though what I
experienced there is gone forever. [A small family farm and the rich life that
then surrounded it.]

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
eew...@bellsouth.net

“On the basis of evidence we may be sure that
we are wrong but we can never be sure that we are right.”

- Richard Feynman