On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:50:35PM -0500, Christine Aguila wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> A friend will be buying a Nikon, and he wants a recommendation.  I'd like to
> recommend an equivalent to the K-5--similar specs etc.  Would the D90 be the
> one to recommend?

The D7000 came out at the same time as the K-5 and had the same sensor.
The D7100 is an upgrade to that.

The D7000/71000 have the advantage that they will work well with the old
AIS manual focus lenses. Even the old (spotmatic era) Nikon lenses can be
modified to work with AIS bodies, with full metering.
The D90 will only meter with the autofocus lenses.

Apart from low light focus, and a tendancy to splatter lubricant on the sensor
for the first 2,000 frames, the D600, is a very nice, relatively affordable
full frame sensor camera (which will also work with all the nikon lenses).

A lot of the low end nikons will only work well with autofocus lenses that
have their own internal autofocus motors.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com  http://red4est.com/lrc