Wise decision. Won't upset the bank balance either. Both those lenses give good results. I mostly use my FA 100-300 for game photography. I also have a Vivitar similar to yours (A version) which I haven't really used much on the K110 but now I'll give it a spin.

Alan C

-Original Message----- From: Steve Sharpe
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:32 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: 70-200 F4-5.6 FA opinions?

At 2:12 PM -0500 5/30/13, Darren Addy wrote:
I think that there are fewer bad lenses than there are lenses used badly.

Mark!

Thanks for everyone's words of wisdom.

When all is said and done, I've decided to forego the 70-200 and
stick with my Vivitar Series 1 70-210, and to give my FA 100-300
F4.5-5.6 another chance.

--

Steve Sharpe
d...@eastlink.ca