You guys, with your free-market economy, seem to be getting seriously
shafted on the price of internet access.  One ploy that works quite
well here is to sign up to one of the special offers and give notice
the moment it runs out.  The provider will almost always offer to
match any competitor's bid.  Which may, or may not, exist.