Hi Frank - The recitals do go on and on.  This one was very well
organized and there were only a few seconds between groups of dancers.
 As one group danced off to stage left, the next was dancing on from
stage right.  She really kept things moving.

Even so, It started at noon and I had to leave at 3:30 to go to
another event.  My daughter told me it ended about 4:15.

It's funny how you seldom hear people complain about going to see a
3-hour movie or sitting through 24 T-ball or soccer games, but the
once-a-year recital seems to bother a lot of people.

I always thought kids in the arts get cheated compared to the kids in
sports.  The kids in sports get weekly (or more) chances to put the
skills they practice into a game.  The kids in music or dance practice
all year long and get maybe one or two recitals a year.  The poor kids
in art class have it even worse.  Most of them go for years with
little more public display of their art than their Mother's
refrigerator.  If the kids in the arts got as much feedback and
positive reinforcement early in their development as the sports kids
we might have greater appreciation for the arts by more adults.

Stepping down from my soapbox now.

GS

George Sinos
www.GeorgesPhotos.net