On 18 Jun 2013, at 20:08, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Jun 16, 2013, at 3:13 AM, Chris Mitchell <chris.mitch...@which.net> wrote:
>
>> Eric - I can't imagine why you'd think that you'd need weather
>> resistance in England in September…
>
> I thought there was a reasonable chance of Indian Summer weather. Am I
> mistaken. If so, I will be prepared. We'll unless it's a hurricane? Do they
> ever get those in England?

We've had a run of poor summers with little in the way of Indian summers
recently, so you should bring some light wet weather gear. September is a nice
time to visit though.

We get the fag-end of your hurricanes sometimes, but Britain gets more
tornadoes per land area than any other country in the world, apart from the
Netherlands. Strange but true. They tend to be little ones though.