I think the K-500 sounds like a terrific upgrade for you and I think
the main benefit of the K-50 is really the weather sealing.
Personally, I hate the looks of the K-30 and have heard some people
don't care for its ergonomics (normally a Pentax advantage).

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi