On 23 Jun 2013, at 21:36, "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry if you find the ads on Photo.Net such a problem.
>
> Not all services are equal.  The flexibility of Photo.Net makes it
> worth the minor convenience of the ads, in my view.  One click, and
> they are gone.  I prefer that to the strange interface used by most of
> the alternatives.  Photo.Net offers a lot of storage, a lot of
> flexibility, and ease of use.  Millions of visitors manage to visit
> the site and look ate the images despite the minor inconvenience of
> the ads.

One click and I'm gone.

It's up to you if you want your convenience to be at the expense of your
potential viewers, but I think that's a lousy attitude.

You've suggested that we should subscribe to photo.net if we don't want to see
ads. Do you seriously think people are going to subscribe to every website that
shows annoying ads annoyingly? Do you subscribe to them all? No, people are
just going to leave those sites. One of the basic rules of web design is don't
piss off your customers.

As for your millions of visitors, if you scale up the number of people on this
list who've complained a great many times about photo.net you may get some
sense of how much annoyance those ads cause to people. And if you scale up
similarly the number of people on this list who use that 'one click' to leave
your site rather than look at your pictures when an ad gets in the way, you'll
get some idea of how many viewers photo.net is driving away.