On Tue, Jun 25, 2013, Brian Walters wrote:
> Quoting Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com>:
>>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, Rob Studdert wrote:
>>>
>>>I got caught out when shooting some panos recently, bracketing in
>>>manual mode my camera would default to bracketing Tv so the aperture
>>>would change to bracket which made stacking images a little more
>>>problematic than I would have liked.
>>>
>>>Just in case you were not aware the remedy to change the bracketing to
>>>Av lies in the "green button" setting of the E-dial programming
>>>whether you have the "green button" active or not. To change it go to
>>>the E-Dial Programming menu for manual and select "TvShift". I found
>>>the solution on-line, the manual was next to useless.
>>
>>I've read this twice and I can't figure out what you're talking about.
>>Mind expanding/explaining?
>
> Allow me.
>
> I played around with my K5 after reading Rob's post and I think I
> understand what he's getting at.
>
> If you have the camera on Manual Exposure and fire off a bracket of
> (say) three images, the camera will hold the shutter speed constant
> and change the aperture for each exposure.
>
> What Rob wanted was to hold the aperture constant and allow the
> shutter speed to change with each exposure.
>
> As he said, you can accomplish this by going to Rec Mode Settings
> menu 5, selecting 'E-Dial Programming Menu 2' and changing the Green
> Button setting for 'M' to Tv Shift.  Page 284 of the manual shows
> the available settings, but their use is far from intuitive.

Interesting.  The manual AFAICT (K-5 II) doesn't even explain what
changes during a bracket exposure.  I pretty much only used TAv mode
during my cruise rental, which does change the shutter speed (although I
vaguely recall seeing some shots where the aperture and/or ISO changed,
and I have no idea what caused the difference).

Pentax significantly reorganized the K-5 II manual, it's page 247 there.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/