Quoting John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:

If you're in Aperture Priority (AV) when you auto-bracket it should keep
the aperture constant and change the shutter speed.

Yes, but that misses the point of the original post. Rob wanted to use bracketed exposures for a panorama sequence of images and needed to be in Manual mode rather than Av.

I've never had to resort to the green button to get it to do that on the
K20D & I don't see Pentax making such a radical change on later models.

You don't actually have to use the green button in doing the bracketing during manual exposure - you just have to have it programmed correctly in the menu settings.

I did say it was counter-intuitive :-)>

--
Cheers

Brian