My version goes backwards! =)

Hope you are well Jens.

If I were looking for a cheap flash I would buy the AF280 again and
again. It seems that the camera adjusts the settings somewhat when it
is attached, so there is some communication. Low power is for f4 and
high is for f8 @ asa 100 @ 28mm.

http://www.northcoastphotographer.net/blog/files/f4e996f78faee628f3b70b9d55885b42-16.html

A nice write up on the AF280T!