I believe that the monetary returns on wedding shooting are
commensurate with the effort required. If you decide to go ahead with
it, you should be prepared to spend some money on some training -- at
the *very least* -- and I can recommend the Creative Live videos. They
range from $79 - $149 and you get up to 24 hours of video for that.
I've watched quite a few of these and even bought one package it was
so good.

(They are free to watch live, but you have to have a _lot_ of free
time to watch an entire 3-day course live; 8 hours per day.)

--
-bmw