On 7/6/2013 11:04 AM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Sat, Jul 06, 2013, Walt wrote:
After I talked to him yesterday and left for work, I got an email
from him asking if I'd be interested in shooting a wedding. Seems
his sister is getting married early this fall -- in Maine. At
Walker's Point. I'm supposed to talk to her about it today when I go
over to start working on the studio space. Needless to say, I'm a
bit nervous about the prospect. I've only done extremely informal
wedding photos so far, and I'm not sure I'm up to the task. Still, I
feel like I'd be a complete idiot to pass up the opportunity. I just
want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head before I even have
a chance to get off the ground.
Congrats!  Don't have any real advice on the shooting side, but from
what I've seen of your work, combined with what I've seen and heard
about success/fail wedding photography, I'd guess that one way to make
sure you're not getting in over your head is to find out whether she
wants primarily candid or formal pictures.  You'll do just fine if she
mostly wants candids.

Make sure you've got two bodies, though, if you take it....
Thanks, Aahz.

You're exactly right -- I feel *vastly* more comfortable capturing candids and informal portraits, and hope upon hope that's what she's looking for.

And, yes, I absolutely will be taking two bodies if I take the opportunity -- the K-5 and the trusty K20D as backup. Hell, I may even rent a third, just in case calamity strikes.

-- Walt