That's right. I had already been doing some shooting with a low key
setup where I simulated sunlight coming in through the sheers using
the AF540 on top of an 8' stand outside the patio door angled downward
30 degrees or so. That provided most of the light and the softbox on
the inside provided fill about 1-2 stops lower.

When I decided to switch it up for some high-key beauty shots I
cranked the interior softbox a couple of stops up and moved it closer
to provide the key light. I was able to leave the outside light as it
was configured since it was now just a little hotter than the key and
was evenly lighting the sheer behind the subject's head.

Normally I'd put the high-key setup a few feet in front of a white
surface and front-light that.

Thanks, Christine!

--
-bmw