In a message dated 3/30/2002 8:16:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> T-Max is very hard to clear completely with sodium fixer. The
> pink stain is pretty tenacious. You will find yourself fixing
> for way longer than you really should to remove the stain with
> fixer.

Fix as normal with regular or rapid fixer. Rinse in five changes of water.
Rinse 30 seconds in photoflo with constant agitation. Rinse in Orbit Bath or
equivalent clearing agent for 2-3 minutes with constant agitation. Wash
normally. Result: no magenta stain. It works; I have used this method for
years. Recommended in Industrial Photography Magazine a few months after
T-Max became available.

Ed Matthew