On 30 Mar 2002 at 15:58, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> Now I get it.
> I usually cut off the leader when doing 35mm
> so that will work (THANKS). But when I do
> 120, I use all the film in the tank so I'll
> stick with 15 min. to be safe.

Like I said, you just need to do this *once*, not each time you develop...you just
need to figure out the correct time for your fixer/film combo.

Honestly, if you get some rapid fixer and mix it at film strength you could probably
use 5 minutes as your time and you'd be ok.

One more thing...there are 2 types of fixer: regular, and rapid. 15 minutes with rapid
fixer is probably way too long...you might actually bleach the film.

The active ingredient in rapid fixer is ammonium thiosulphate. Regular fixer uses
sodium thiosulphate.

tv