On 7/14/2013 16:27, Charles Robinson wrote:
I spent a few days "up North" on Lake Vermilion this past weekend.  Near our
"cabin" (really a house) was a loon who pretty much hung out near our dock - much more
social than your common hermit-like bird.  I only had to sit on the dock for 5 minutes before he
did this for me:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2013/summer_lake_vermilion/content/K5__3991_large.html

Oh that Loon is terrific, Charles...!

Also: Having shot with ISO 3200 the night before, I mistakenly threw my camera
back in the bag without resetting everything.  The first shot the next morning,
in bright sunlight, I was shooting - at ISO 3200.  The K5 managed quite nicely,
and it's difficult to tell that this was done at such a high ISO - unless you
note the exposure time of 1/3200 at f/10!

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2013/summer_lake_vermilion/content/K5__3925_large.html

  -Charles

And what fun doggies.. the lab's tongue makes it special. And your ISO 3200 setting with this is certainly one of the reasons I'm so glad I'm getting the K-5. (You aren't the only one who forgets to adjust the
ISO down in the morning :-)

ann

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com