Can you take a macro shot of the lens' contacts? That might show something..

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:56 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: This week starting out with a great big load of SUX!

Long years in the Army convinced me that a pencil eraser is the best
non-residue cleaner to use on these kind of external contacts.

It's not the camera because I cannot reproduce the symptom with any other
lens (i.e. "F--" on the display when the lens is locked in the 'A'
position. I'm more and more convinced it's some kind of mechanical wear
problem in the lens.

On 7/16/2013 3:30 PM, Zos Xavius wrote:
> Try some contact cleaner. Be wary of how it interacts with the paint.
> That should be pretty easy to fix.
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>> This is the first, and possibly only, dirty joke my Dad ever told his
boys:

>> Q: how did orang utans get their name?
>>
>> A: because they've got big brass balls, and when they swing through the
trees they go 'ora-a-a-ang! Uta-a-a-ang!'

>> On 16 Jul 2013, at 16:32, John <johnsess...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> BIG brass ones I got, but no interest in messing around with little
teeny tiny ones.

>> --
>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>> PDML@pdml.net