I was told by a friend that leaving the battery on for extend periods
is bad because it trickles? I don't really understand that because it
should just shut the charger off and stay off as long as the battery
registers a charge, but he claimed that. Take it with a grain of salt.
Overnight shouldn't pose much problem. Quite honestly keeping lithium
ions at full charge all the time is a bad idea as they decrease in
capacity faster that way. Same goes for completely dead. My K-7
battery that was original to the camera doesn't last nearly as long
because I think that it may have had a few extended sessions in a dead
state. YMMV of course.