Big Boo to BuyDig for re-subscribing me to their junk-mail despite my
explicit preferences set long time ago.

I've been using BuyDig as one of the sources of photo equipment since
2005, when (IIRC) I bought my *istDS from them.

As some PDMLers may remember, I've recommended them a few times here on
the list as a mostly reasonable retailer (albeit not without occasional
idiosyncrasies).

In late June they started sending me their SPAM (aka UCE - Unsolicited
Commercial E-mails), despite my strict preferences for not receiving any
promotional and other junk.
It turned out my preferences were reset to receive all junk.
This has happenned for the 2nd time (the first time it happened at the
end of 2008, and I made sure I unsubscribed in 2009).

I know that some PDMLers don't mind if they have to delete a few extra
spam messages. I do mind it: with the amount of different companies
with which I shop for my work and for personal purchases, if I were
receiving their "subscriptions", all I'd be doing is cleaning my
mailbox. Besides, when there is too much extraneous mail, the important
messages tend to get lost among the junk occasionally.

At work, I stopped purchasing supplies from a couple of companies who were
notorious about spamming their customers.

Once more, - big BOO to BuyDig for wasting my time and re-subscribing me
to their junk mail.

Igor