I know there is some disagreement about this, but in my experience Ilford FP-4 Plus is comparable to Kodak Plus X with a couple of exceptions. The important one being that FP-4 seems to look sharper, oh yes, and it's also still manufactured. I used to buy FP-4 because it was less expensive. They're both old fashioned, well more or less, traditional films.