Thanks, Bob!

Fortunately, the festival is at a small airport just a couple of miles
from our home.  That way, I could make the 6:00 AM mass inflation and
6:30 AM mass ascension, rather than fighting the traffic to get to the
ones at 6:00 -- 6:30 PM.

Yes, the other balloon behind his head is a bother to me as well, but
with 125 balloons, and 150,000 spectators over the three days of the
festival, it is not always possible to get everything lined up.  In
addition, the balloons rotate once they are airborne, and with a
balloon like this one, a shot of the back or side of the balloon just
is not as satisfying.   I did get one of the fireman alone, but the
light and color are not as good, and the badge on his hat, showing the
twin towers of the old World Trade Center, is not visible:

Right after he took off, I grabbed a shot of the Fireman next to the
American Flag Balloon, but again the light, the color and the angle
are not as pleasing:

It was a beautiful day, and I had a marvelous time, as you can
probably tell.  <G>

Dan

Dan Matyola