Might consider an OP/Tech Reporter/Backpack adapter combined with an OP/Tech Stabilizer strap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXV4wEDQGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6s22xnpJDw

Add a OP/Tech Pro Strap for when you want to wander around without the backpack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gazDeqkBI-s

I think if you look around, you can even find OP/Tech straps with the camera company name imprinted.