On 10/08/2013 10:29 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
I too think the tangible picture you can hold is valuable.
Regards,  Bob S.

The problem with digital photography is that people tend to not make prints from them. They share them on social media, they send them as email attachments, but the images themselves never exist outside of digital ephemera, and as such, are much more prone to getting lost. Prints should last the better part of a century and require no special equipment for viewing, digital files last until the next hard drive crash, or when they can no longer be translated into a screen image, and require special equipment for viewing. Very few people actually do any sort of back-ups at all on their computers, the vast majority of people are totally dependent on the one copy of the file they have tucked away in "My Documents/My Pictures" lasting forever.

bill