On Wed, Jul 24, 2013, Bruce Walker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Let me rephrase: does anyone actually use manually-selected AF points for
>>> handheld shooting?
>>
>> I use the single centre and recompose
>
> That doesn't work with large apertures and short teles or longer. It
> becomes auto-defocus then.

That doesn't make sense.  Can you explain further?  If you pick your
focus point, half-press shutter (or lock focus/exposure), move the lens,
shoot -- where does the defocus come from?  I've certainly shot plenty
that way.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/