On 8/23/2013 8:33 AM, Matthew Hunt wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm interested if your camera makes obvious noise when doing long
exposures or during the sensor clean cycle?
My K-7 has a slightly audible whine or high-pitched buzz when the
shutter is open.

(I had always attributed it to the SR system, but upon further
reflection, I think it also happens when SR is disabled. I don't have
it with me to test right now.)

Due to the nature of the SR system even if SR is disabled the sensor shift system is actively holding the sensor in place.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken