Rob, I don't have any instruments to measure these things with. I can only re-iterate my report that for all practical purposes both K-5's that we have are silent as far as sensor cleaning cycle goes.

I remember my K10d was making rather loud thumping noise in this situation but as I understand K-7 and onwards got new sensor cleaning routine.

I should agree with Bill here, if it ain't broken - don't fix it.