Quoting John <jh.gra...@verizon.net>:

I am considering a replacement of my ist DS and see that prices on used K-5's are starting to go down. Are there any lens issues I need to consider when going to a K-5. My lenses have been working well with my camera but will I start to see defects as the lenses have been used for a while. The two I use the most are a Pentax FA 28-35 mm and a Sigma 70-300 mm. I also have some older manual lenses with out auto focusing but they don't see a lot of use. Are there any operational issues I am libel to run into? Or is there another choice that is not as big a jump as the K-5 as far as performance that would be a better choice?

Well, you could consider a K50 without losing much to a K-5. Having said that, I have a K-5, having moved up from a DS and K200D. I haven't had any serious operational difficulties other than the K-5 is a more complex beast with a lot more available options than the other two. It just takes a bit a patience and practice to come to grips with them.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters