Hopping back in to say "JOhn, haven't you been reading my K-5 love posts?

Amazingly easy transition to K-5 from istD - so should be from DS.

I shot a bunch of things with manual lenses form the 70's too.

small learning curve, relatively.  and you will love that it
tells you what you are doing on the large screen , that the
changing the ISO doesn't take you out of shooting mode, that
you can extent the ISo to 51600 down to 80, etc.

I had some problems with it at the wedding I shot, but
mainly my fault. still much to learn to be totally comfortable in all situations but I can't imagine you not being pleased.

OK guys,
I'm going back in to lurk mode until I get all the wedding pics up
for the Bride and Groom to select their stuff from.

ann