Mrs has an old Powerbook G4 and looks like the inverter has died,
backlight okay. I'm cloning her stuff (via target disk mode) onto an
external HD so she can boot up in her little world on another machine
while I get a new board in and swap it out.

I'm lazy - I know I can hook up an external monitor to find this - but
for the sake of argument and just to see if it is doable, while her sick
mac is in target disk mode, is there any way to view the specs of her
actual machine?

EG if I use System Profiler it will obviously display my Mac's hardware
and even detail her int HD via the Firewire pane, but can't see an easy
way to spy on her CPU speed (for identifying the right inverter to order...)

Sensible suggestions only please!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty