On 9/3/2013 4:43 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 03:57:44PM -0400, John wrote:
On the way home from another errand I was driving past one of the
local independent dealers I frequently shop. They recently took in a
K-r with 3 lenses. Two of the lenses were part of the K-r kit (I
guess? since they were both labeled "w/K-r". The third lens had a
price-tag.

Sigma 24-70 1:2.8 EX DG.

Now I won't have to do without while waiting to see how I'm going to
get the "F--" problem with my Tokina AT-X Pro 28-70 fixed.

First impression is it's almost as good as the AT-X Pro (95%).

I'm envious. I could really use a lens in that class.

How much were they asking for the K-r kit?  Where is this?

I expect that if you can find a used K-r, it is probably
one of the best values around on getting good images for
your money.  With the K-r, they solved almost all of the
major shortcomings of the K-x.

I didn't really look at the K-r kit, so I don't know how much they
wanted for it.

It's Peace Camera, Raleigh, NC.

http://peacecamera.wordpress.com/products-2/used-camera-gear/

They're showing a KX w/18-55 & 55-200, but I'm pretty sure it said K-r
on the tag affixed to the lens. I remember them having a K-x last time I
was in there, and I don't think this was the same one. Plus, I've looked
at that *ist-D previously and I didn't see it in the case today.

I don't think they even had time to list the 24-70 because they took it
in on Saturday and they were closed Sunday & Monday.

They have a separate DA L 50-200 with a $125 price tag on it, and it
isn't shown on their list yet. I think DA L lenses are the current
equivalent of the FAJ lenses.