On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:17:50AM -0400, Christine Nielsen wrote:
> I would have never considered that, but now you guys have me thinking...
>
> :)
> -c
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Dario Bonazza <dario.bona...@virgilio.it>
> wrote:
> > I also advice you to go for the 8mm fisheye. Lot of fun.

I recently bought that fisheye on a whim, the intent was to use it
for "fun pictures" rather than "serious photography".  When I got it,
I was immdiately impressed with the build quality.  The more I
used it, the more often I realized that it was actually the
right lens for the job for "serious photos".

One important thing that it lacks is a depth of field scale.
I used a depth of field calculator and made my own, and
almost exclusively use that for setting the focus.

A lot of the suggestions have made me realize how many of
my equipment purchases lately have been for lights and
light modifiers.  When it comes down to it, in ideal light,
almost any lens can deliver superb results, and so much of
the cost of good lenses is paying for the ability to make up
for imperfect light.  So, if you can improve your light, you
can make almost any of your lenses be sharp enough that they
are no longer the limiting factor in the sharpnes of your
photos.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc