On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 06:10:32PM -0600, steve harley wrote:
> on 2013-09-04 17:48 Larry Colen wrote
> >It's a weird crash because the cursor is still active, but less and less
> >functionality is available.  It'll answer pings, but I can't ssh in.
>
> first thing i'd do is check the logs; not sure what "less and less
> functionality" you mean, but it sounds like more of an OS issue than
> a hardware issue; not that it should stop you from getting a new
> machine ;?>

I'd be trying to do something in chrome, then I would just get a spinnyball.
But the cursor would still work, and I'd be able to click on another
window, but then, I'd no longer be able to click on another window,
or do anything in that window, and I'd try to run a program in the dock,
and it would freeze up in the middle of popping the little pictures up,
and eventually the only thing that the computer would do is move the
cursor around the screen.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc