Quoting "P.J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

No reflection on you Brian, you're work is highly appreciated, but perhaps you should re-institute the open gallery portion of the PUG. I didn't really have a long exposure image I thought was worthy, so I didn't submit anything, but that doesn't seem to have stopped everyone. This one

<http://pug.komkon.org/13sep/slides/JK-pentaxlongexpo.html>

violates the basic requirement of this month's theme. It's a pretty picture but it ain't no long exposure,

Yeah. Of course it's not my role to decline to accept images unless they violate "the rules". Whether an image conforms to the theme is a matter for the photographer but, if I had taken more notice of the Exif, I probably would have questioned this particular one.

As for the monthly Open Gallery, the problem is that it wasn't being supported. Over the past couple of years, the number of Open Gallery submissions rarely exceeded two, and more often it was one or none. I think most people just prefer to submit non-themed images as PESOs.

Including the monthly Open Gallery complicates the gallery generation process - not insurmountably, but enough to be tedious for so few submissions. However, I'm intending to include an Open Gallery as one of the "themes" for 2014.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

nor is it even a cleaver such as this

<http://pug.komkon.org/13sep/slides/RW-NewHampshire-8-13-27.html>

a photograph of the results of long exposure, damn, I wish I'd thought of that.

It's a nice gallery though. I'm impressed by all of the images, even the one that doesn't really belong.