On Fri, Sep 06, 2013, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:

> Truthfully the camera body doesn't matter that much to me, they all
> do similar things now. Good resolution, ability to shoot video, and
> some low-light capability is good enough for me.  Once I learn a
> body, I pretty much forget about it when I shoot anyway.
>
> I am much more interested in LENSES. Especially zooms, I haven't had
> any primes for a long time now. I will probably start with two lenses
> (what I usually do), and then work up from there.
>
> I've considered mirror-less, but I really need a viewfinder. I've also
> considered micro 3/4. I am OPEN.

Please be more precise about what you're looking for.  For example, how
much do you really need interchangeable lenses?  I have the Canon G1X
for low-light work (definitely not as good as the current-generation
DSLR-likes, but better than any other non-ILC).  I also like my Nikon
P7100 and will likely upgrade to the P7800 for its better low-light
perfomance.

The G1X is 28-112mm/e and the P7100 is 28-200mm/e.  Both have optical
viewfinder, the P7800 has EVF.  Several m4/3 cameras have EVF; if you
like Pentax, you'd probably prefer Olympus because Panansonic has no
built-in shake reduction except for the new and not yet available GX7.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/